Acknowledgement and Acceptance
This website is owned and operated by The Royal National Agricultural and Industrial Association of Queensland (RNA) and related bodies and agencies associated with the RNA Showgrounds, Ekka, the Royal Queensland Show and the Royal Queensland Food & Wine Show.
Your access to this site is conditional upon your acceptance and compliance with the terms, conditions, notices and disclaimers contained in this document (General Terms). Your use of, and/or access to, this site constitutes your agreement to be bound by these General Terms. The RNA reserves the right to amend these General Terms at anytime. Any subsequent use by you of the site indicates your acceptance of such amendment.
This website and its contents are subject to copyright under the laws of Australia and, through international treaties, other countries. The Copyright is owned by the RNA, or in the case of some of the materials, by third parties.
The material on this website may be downloaded for personal use only and may not be used for any other purpose without the prior written consent of the RNA. You must not reproduce, transmit, adapt or otherwise exercise the copyright in the whole or any part of this website except with the prior written consent of the RNA.
The RNA makes no representations about the accuracy or suitability of the information or links provided on its web site. Without limitation, this extends to any market research or commentary contained in this website.
The information is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty. You must make your own independent enquiries before relying on any information provided in this website.
To the extent permitted by law, the RNA excludes:
- all warranties whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, relating in any way to this website or your use of this website; and
- all liability (including for negligence) to you or anyone else in respect of any loss or damage (including special, indirect, or consequential loss or damage such as loss of revenue, unavailability of systems or loss of data) however caused by, arising from or in connection with any use of this website or the information on or accessed through it.
Where any legislation implies any term, representation or warranty into your accessing of this website, and that legislation prohibits exclusion of that term, then that term is included. However, to the extent permitted by that legislation, the RNA's liability for any breach of that term is limited to supplying the services again.
The RNA endeavours to provide accurate and up-to-date information on its website. If you have any comments or queries, please contact us. Our details are set out below.
This website (excluding any linked third party sites) is controlled by the RNA in Queensland, Australia. By accessing this site, you accept that any disputes about this website or its contents are to be determined by the Courts having jurisdiction in Queensland in accordance with the laws in force in Queensland.
This website may be accessed throughout Australia and overseas. The RNA makes no representation that the content of this website complies with the laws (including intellectual property laws) of any country outside Australia. If you access this site from outside Australia, you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for ensuring compliance with all laws in the place where you are located.
Under our obligation, the RNA complies with the requirements of the Liquor Control Reform Act 1998 and all specific conditions that have been imposed on our liquor Licence by the Director of Liquor Licencing. Our food and beverage staff are trained in all aspects of professional service and comply with the practice of Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA), while providing a safe and friendly environment in which our guests can socialise and enjoy themselves.
THIRD PARTY SITES
This web-site includes links to third party sites. The RNA is not responsible for the condition or the content of those sites as they are not under the control of the RNA. Links to third party sites are provided for convenience only and do not indicate any endorsement of the site or the products or services provided at those sites or by the organisations promoting those sites. You access those sites and use the products or services at those sites solely at your own risk.
PRIVACY COLLECTION STATEMENT
The Royal National Agricultural and Industrial Association of Queensland (RNA) and related bodies and agencies associated with the RNA Showgrounds, Ekka, the Royal Queensland Show and the Royal Queensland Food & Wine Show.
The RNA is committed to ensuring your privacy. The purpose of this document is to inform you about our Personal Information management policies, to meet our obligations under the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988.
Information we collect
All liability (including for negligence) to you or anyone else in respect of any loss or damage (including special, indirect, or consequential loss or damage such as loss of revenue, unavailability of systems or loss of data) however caused by, arising from or in connection with any use of this website or the information on or accessed through it.
In general, the type of personal information the RNA may collect and hold includes, but is not limited to:
- your name;
- your addresses (including e-mail addresses);
- your other contact details;
- details regarding your occupation, job position and industry;
- details regarding your expertise and interests;
- your financial information; and
We may collect this information from a number of sources including:
- directly from you such as when you contract and correspond with us or register your details on our websites;
- from companies about their employees, contractors, customers and suppliers;
- for marketing purposes, from business associates, potential clients and other third party sources.
How we use the information we collect
We may collect information about you so that we can provide you with customised products and services, to complete other transactions, to market to you and/or to better understand your requirements and preferences.
Other collection purposes are:
- other information which assists us in conducting our business, marketing our services and meeting our legal obligations.
- to conduct our business
- to conduct Ekka, the Royal Queensland Wine Show or the Royal Queensland Food & Wine Show;
- to record entries and results in competitions;
- to communicate with you;
- to purchase from you;
- to comply with our legal obligations; and
- to generally help us manage and enhance our services.
We may use and disclose this information for the above primary purpose for which it is collected and for reasonably expected secondary purposes and in other circumstances authorised by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Disclosure of personal information
From time to time, we may disclose personal information about you to third parties such as:
- to generally help us manage and enhance our services.
- technology and administrative service providers and outsourcing contractors;
- exhibitors and the general public through publication in catalogues;
- other companies or individuals who assist us in providing services or who perform functions on our behalf (such as mailing houses and specialist consultants);
- third parties with whom we have a business relationship for the purpose of them providing products and services to you and marketing to you;
- marketing and advertising agents;
- our related or associated companies;
- court, tribunals and regulatory authorities;
- police and other law enforcement agencies; and
- anyone else to whom you authorise us to disclose it.
A cookie is a small message given to your web browser by our web server. The browser stores the message in a text file, and the message is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from a server.
Access to Personal Information
If you would like to know more about how we handle personal information or update, delete or access personal information we hold about you, please contact the RNA Privacy Officer on:
Phone: + 61 7 3852 1831
Address: The Royal National Agricultural and Industrial Association of Queensland
Locked Bag 1010
ALBION QLD 4010
Acknowledgement and Consent
By using this website, using any of the services we provide through that site and disclosing your personal information to us, you are indicating that you consent to us collecting, using and disclosing your personal information about you on the terms set out in this Privacy Statement. If you do not consent to any of the above.