RQFWS Ice Cream, Gelato & Sorbet Competition
The Royal Queensland Food & Wine Show (RQFWS) Ice Cream, Gelato & Sorbet Competition was the first in the country dedicated to judging the best in sorbets, gelato and ice cream. Since its introduction in 2011 as a standalone competition, entry numbers have remained high, confirming it as one of the nation's premier dairy competitions.
Positively received by exhibitors in 2019, exhibitors will once again receive an in-depth peer to peer report for their exhibits to provide them with direct comparisons to other products within the industry.
Renowned international food judge, cheesemaker and dairy connoisseur, Russell Smith, will again be Chief Judge of the Ice Cream, Gelato & Sorbet Competition.
Russell Smith, who has more than 25 years experience in the industry, will oversee an expert judging panel made up of some of Australia’s most respected and experienced food industry professionals.
Don’t miss this opportunity to have your products judged at the highest level, by some of the nation’s top dairy judges. The products are judged on their flavour, aroma, body, texture and presentation.
Join us in celebrating Australia’s finest produce - this is a unique branding opportunity for your business, so make sure you don’t miss out.
Benefits and Opportunities
Participating in the Ice Cream, Gelato & Sorbet Competition gives you the opportunity to access the following benefits:
- An opportunity to be featured at the RQFWS wine tasting event Grape Grazing, which is attended by more than 800 people
- Access to RQFWS medal artwork which is provided to winners free of charge
- An opportunity to be featured throughout the nine days of the Royal Queensland Show (Ekka) in August - the largest event in Queensland - including at Royal Queensland Steakhouse presented by AussieBeef.com.au; RQFWS food outlets; Corporate Suites; Sponsor Lounge; and RNA Council events
- The opportunity to become a supplier to the Royal International Convention Centre (Royal ICC) and feature in their menu compendium which is offered to international, national and local events
- Publicity, with winners mentioned in RQFWS media releases, social media posts and on the website
Important Dates and Information
Monday 22 February 2021
Wednesday 14 April 2021
Thursday 13 - Friday 14 May 2021
From Tuesday 18 May 2021
Friday 21 May 2021
For specific competition related enquiries please contact:
Senior Competition & Events Coordinator
Phone: 07 3253 3921