RQFWS Cheese & Dairy Produce Show
The Royal Queensland Food & Wine Show (RQFWS) Cheese & Dairy Produce Show presented by King Street stems back to the first-ever Royal Queensland Show (Ekka) in 1876, making it one of the RNA’s oldest competitions.
The awards are built on longstanding traditions celebrating excellence in Australian dairy produce and are also reflective of current industry trends and in particular, changing consumer interest.
Positively received by exhibitors in 2019, exhibitors will once again receive an in-depth peer to peer report for their exhibits to provide them with direct comparisons to other products within the industry.
Renowned international food judge and cheesemaker, Russell Smith, is once again Chief Judge of the RQFWS’s Cheese & Dairy Produce Show.
Mr Smith, who has more than 25 years experience in the industry, will oversee an expert judging panel made up of some of Australia’s most respected and experienced food industry professionals.
Don’t miss this opportunity to have your products judged at the highest level, by some of the nation’s top dairy judges. The products are judged on their flavour, aroma, body, texture and presentation.
Join us in celebrating Australia’s finest produce - this is a unique branding opportunity for your business, so make sure you don’t miss out.
Benefits and Opportunities
Participating in the Cheese & Dairy Produce Show gives you the opportunity to access the following benefits:
- An opportunity to be featured at the RQFWS wine tasting event Grape Grazing, which is attended by over 800 people
- Access to RQFWS medal artwork which is provided to winners free of charge
- An opportunity to be featured throughout the nine days of the Royal Queensland Show (Ekka) in August - the largest event in Queensland - including at the Royal Queensland Steakhouse presented by AussieBeef.com.au; RQFWS food outlets; Corporate Suites; Sponsor Lounge; and RNA Council events
- The opportunity to become a supplier to the Royal International Convention Centre (Royal ICC) and feature in their menu compendium which is offered to international, national and local events
- Publicity, with winners mentioned in RQFWS media releases, social media posts and on the website
2021 Cheese & Dairy Produce Show Winner
Congratulations to Breeys Creek Gourmet Cheese for their Riverine Blue which claimed the King Street Grand Champion Dairy Product of Show.
Important Dates and Information
Monday 22 February 2021
Wednesday 14 April 2021
Thursday 13 - Friday 14 May 2021
From Monday 17 May 2021
Friday 21 May 2021
For specific competition related enquiries please contact:
Senior Competition & Events Coordinator
Phone: 07 3253 3921