RQFWS Branded Beef Competition
The Royal Queensland Food & Wine Show (RQFWS) Branded Beef Competition unearths the nation’s finest beef in the retail market. For a country that adores its red meat and produces some of the finest beef in the world, this competition is a true showcase of the best of the best.
The Branded Beef Competition is one of Australia’s most comprehensive competitions of its kind, including five classes: Grain fed, Grass fed, two Wagyu classes and an Open class.
Chief Judge Elaine Millar will once again lead a team of expert judges, including top chefs from award-winning restaurants, butchers, food consultants and food journalists.
Don’t miss this opportunity to have your products judged at the highest level, by some of the nation’s top beef judges. Cooked and prepared by food scientists, with precise cooking requirements, the meat is presented to judges in its perfect state. It is then judged based on its appearance (raw), tenderness, flavour, juiciness and overall liking for a total of 100 points.
Join us in celebrating Australia’s finest produce - this is a unique branding opportunity for your business, so make sure you don’t miss out.
Benefits and Opportunities
All medal winning exhibitors may have the opportunity to promote their award-winning product through the following channels in 2020:
- The supply of award-winning product to the Royal International Convention Centre (Royal ICC) for inclusion on their 2021 menu compendium, which is offered to international, national and local events and featured on the printed menus.
- The supply of award-winning product at: Grape Grazing by Night – a celebration of all of the Royal Queensland Food and Wine Show award winners and RNA managed outlets at the Royal Queensland Show (Ekka).
Additional opportunities may be available at the RNA’s discretion leading up to the Royal Queensland Show.
Following the announcement of the awards, exhibitors should submit their interest in participating in any or all of the promotional opportunities to the competition coordinator. All promotion and supply opportunities are offered at the discretion of the RNA and subject to pricing and product availability.
2020 Forms and Downloads
2019 Branded Beef Winners
Congratulations to Stockyard Pty Ltd for their Stockyard Wagyu Kiwami which won the John Kilroy Cha Cha Char Grand Champion Branded Beef of Show and also to JBS Australia for their JBS Riverina Angus which claimed the Champion MSA Graded Branded Beef of Show.
- Judging Tuesday 7 July 2020
- Delivery of entries Monday 29 June and Tuesday 30 June 2020 from 9am to 2pm
Delivery docket and map will be provided after the close of entries.
(No entries will be accepted before or after this date)
- Deliver entries to Ernest Baynes Dining Room
600 Gregory Terrace
Bowen Hills QLD 4006
For specific competition related enquiries please contact:
Competition & Events Coordinator
Phone: 07 3253 3935