RQFWS Beer Awards
The Royal Queensland Food & Wine Show (RQFWS) Beer Awards invites the top brewers from across Australia to compete for national recognition.
Featuring a dedicated team of brewers, beer writers and industry figures, the competition offers a comprehensive snapshot of the quality of Australian brewing and a trustworthy guide for consumers.
This year, a $10,000 bursary will be awarded to the Champion Beer Utilising Desalinated Water. All exhibits entered into the Feature Category of the 2019 RQFWS Beer Awards will be eligible for the award.
This bursary will provide a South East Queensland brewer with the opportunity to further their knowledge of the national and international beer industry, with bursary funds to be used for travel, training and education.
Don’t miss this opportunity to have your products judged at the highest level, by some of the nation’s top beer experts. In 2019, the judging panel will be dedicated to providing entering breweries with a high quality competition, meaningful feedback and honest results.
Benefits and Opportunities
Exhibitors and awards recipients in the RQFWS Beer Awards may receive the following benefits:
- A peer review report for each exhibit judged
- An opportunity to be featured throughout the 10 days of the Royal Queensland Show (Ekka) in August – the largest event in Queensland – including at the Ekka Media Launch, RQFWS Cooking Stage; the Royal Queensland Steakhouse presented by JBS, RQFWS food outlets; Corporate Suites, Sponsor Lounge; and RNA Council events.
- A $10,000 bursary
- Free access to RQFWS medal artwork
- Marketing and social media opportunities
2019 RQFWS Beer Awards Feature Category
Thanks to our Feature Category Bursary Supporter, Seqwater, 15 South East Queensland breweries will have the opportunity to be awarded a $10,000 education bursary. As the Feature Category for the 2019 RQBA’s, exhibitors will have to brew the best beers utilising desalinated water. Places are limited and successful breweries are based on time of entry and geographical location. Breweries must be able to accept 2,000 litres of desalinated water in late December 2018/early January 2019. Desalinated water will be provided 2 intermediate bulk containers (IBCs).
The brewery who is awarded Champion Beer Utilising Desalinated Water will be required to complete an acquittal process for the $10,000 education bursary.
Successful breweries may enter unlimited beers into the Feature Category and exhibits entered into the Feature Category are eligible or the Champion Category Beer awards and any other subsequent awards.
Forms and Downloads
Successful breweries will be advised by 21 December 2018.
Important Dates and Information
- Entries open Monday 10 December 2018
- Entries close Friday 8 February 2019 at 5.00pm
- Judging Monday 11 March 2019
- Delivery of entries 6 - 8 March 2019 from 8.30am to 4.00pm
- Deliver entries to Attn: Royal Queensland Beer Awards
Royal International Convention Centre - Loading Dock
600 Gregory Terrace
Bowen Hills QLD 4006
- Awards Presentation Wednesday 13 March 2019
For specific competition related enquiries please contact:
RQFWS Beer Awards
Competition & Events Coordinator
Phone: 07 3253 3921